CEA - California Environmental Associates
California Environmental Associates (CEA) is a boutique environmental consultancy based in San Francisco, CA. Since 1984, CEA has helped transform business practices, public policies, nonprofit organizations, and philanthropic strategies to improve environmental outcomes. Our work is guided by a deep knowledge of the scientific, regulatory, political, social, and economic underpinnings of our most pressing environmental problems. CEA provides consulting services in three main practice areas: Philanthropic Services, Recruiting and Organizational Design Services, and Regulatory and Government Affairs. For more information about CEA and each practice area, please visit: www.ceaconsulting.com.
Research Associate, Recruiting and Organizational Design Services
CEA is seeking a team member to assist with all stages of recruiting and organizational design projects for prestigious environmental organizations, foundations, and mission-driven for-profit firms. This is an exciting opportunity to interact with leaders in the environmental sector, learn about emerging environmental issues and organizational structures, and be an integral part of identifying and placing diverse, qualified talent in support of our clients’ hiring goals. This position requires intellectual rigor, independence, demonstrated attention to detail, and a passion for environmental issues. Excellent communication and relationship management skills are required. The Research Associate will report to the Director of Recruiting and Organizational Design Services.
The Research Associate will perform the following and other duties as assigned:
• Provide general organizational and operations support to the Recruiting team
• Assist with production and quality control of outgoing work products and correspondence
• Conduct research and produce summary memos, reports, presentations, and proposals
- Support project teams with logistics, coordination, and document preparation to support all recruitment cycle activities, etc.
• Support communications and outreach efforts and management of candidate database
• Support business development and communication efforts; participate in networking and outreach efforts as needed
- Review resumes, prioritize candidates, and respond to emails and phone inquiries
- Assist in research, analysis, and presentation of special projects such as compensation surveys, employee and/or stakeholder engagement surveys, etc.
- Assist clients in developing and achieving their Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) hiring goals; develop recruiting strategies to attract a qualified applicant pool
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and professional communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
• Experience working with database (Salesforce or other) a plus
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision
• A self-starter, with the ability to anticipate team needs
• Strong passion for environmental and social issues
- One to two years of related work experience desirable
- Professional, and poised demeanor, combined with a flexible, solutions-oriented, entrepreneurial attitude
- Interest and/or experience in issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) as they relate to recruiting and organizational design efforts a plus
- Ability to keep calm under pressure, handle sensitive matters with discretion, and interact with a diverse array of people with diplomacy
- Foreign language skills a plus
Terms, Compensation, and Location
This unique opportunity can be structured as either a regular, full time position (>30 hours/week) or, on an hourly basis (< 30-hours/week). CEA offers a salary that is commensurate with experience, and an excellent benefits package to permanent employees working 30 hours or more per week.
The preferred location is within CEA’s San Francisco, CA office, but this role may be performed from any US-based location.
Inquiries received via phone call or direct email will not be eligible for review. To be considered for this position, interested candidates must follow click "Apply to this Job" to submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.
CEA is an equal opportunity employer.
Related job openings
About the Organization CLASP’s mission is to improve the energy and environmental performance of the appliances & equipment we use every ... see more