Program Manager, Indonesia (closed)
This job opening is no longer accepting applications.
CLASP is a growing, international, non-profit organization with offices, programs and projects around the world. We’re mission-driven and culturally diverse. See our Team Page to learn more about our organization.
CLASP is the leading international resource and voice for improved energy efficiency in commonly used appliances, lighting, and equipment. CLASP’s programs and activities range from local to regional to global, helping decision makers determine and implement the most appropriate and cost-effective appliance solutions and convening global decision-makers to catalyze transformative action. Since 1999, we have worked in more than 50 economies. Learn more about our programs.
In partnership with governments, philanthropies, development institutions, and industry stakeholders, CLASP supports and accelerates growth in the global markets for high-quality, energy-efficient appliances and equipment that deliver improved, cost-effective modern energy service to households and businesses around the world.
Program Manager, Indonesia
CLASP seeks a Program Manager to lead a new program aimed at developing the market for efficient products in Indonesia with the ultimate goal to deliver significant energy savings and carbon emissions reductions. The program and office are being launched in Jakarta, Indonesia in early 2019.
The Program Manager will lead the design, launch, and management of a wide range of activities and initiatives in support of product energy efficiency policy in Indonesia, and will work collaboratively with CLASP team members in the United States, India, Europe, and elsewhere, along with our wide network of international partners and program stakeholders. S/he will develop partnerships with stakeholders in Indonesia and across Southeast Asia, including government agencies, funding institutions, program partners, appliance manufacturers and distributors, local and international NGOs and companies, etc.
The Program Manager will be responsible for overseeing, leading, advising, and/or contributing to a range of CLASP activities that will be launched in Indonesia, as well as existing projects and programs in Southeast Asia. The primary focus will be to support national and regional policymakers to identify and implement ambitious and cost-effective efficiency policies and programs, drawing on global best practices and leading technical expertise that is resident within CLASP and amongst our partners.
The ideal candidate will have an extraordinary capacity for program development, execution and administration, excellent relationships with policymakers and other key stakeholders, expertise on the Indonesian market and policy dynamics, world class collaboration and communication skills, a commitment to impacts and results, and a sense of humor. Creative, open-minded, entrepreneurial self-starters are welcome.
- Build and manage programs: Launch and develop CLASP’s programs and institutional presence within Indonesia and Southeast Asia. Administer the CLASP’s emerging Indonesia office, manage project finances, and oversee the work of colleagues and independent contractors.
- Lead and grow a high-performing team: Supervise an emerging team of professional staff, facilitate ongoing training and professional development, and identify future staffing and recruiting needs.
- Establish productive partnerships: Build support among key stakeholders including government decision makers, product companies and trade associations, and bi-lateral and multilateral donor organizations.
- Develop and expand advisory services for on-grid appliance policy: Working closely with CLASP colleagues around the world, build a solid presence and credibility for CLASP’s policy technical assistance programs within Indonesia and Southeast Asia. Identify new business development opportunities and design and implement strategies to capture them.
- Communicate: Work with CLASP’s communications team to prepare and disseminate compelling stories of program success, research outcomes, lessons learned, etc.
- Guide implementation: Design research specifications, monitoring and evaluation metrics, terms of reference, and work plans.
- Track progress: Monitor and evaluate the progress of project activities, identify opportunities for improvement, and communicate about progress to donors and external stakeholders.
- Keep the big picture in mind: Conduct and roll out programs within the larger context of CLASP, partner, and sector efforts.
The Ideal Candidate
- Entrepreneurial approach to design and execution of long-term initiatives, and a proactive, nimble, and strategic approach to problem-solving.
- 10+ years of experience in international energy policy program design and implementation; business- and partnership- development experience preferred.
- Extensive experience working on the ground in Indonesia and fluency in Bahasa Indonesia
- Successful experience working with or for Government of Indonesia agencies and ministries in support of energy policy design and implementation highly desirable.
- Experience in product efficiency policy programs or projects highly desirable
- Persuasive communication skills, both verbal and written; excellent written and spoken English a must.
- Demonstrated experience in growing and developing team members.
- Ability to work from the big picture to the small details.
- Ability to maintain composure, flexibility, and a sense of humor under tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills.
- Bachelor's degree required. Graduate degree in a relevant field (e.g., engineering, international relations, development, economics, environmental science) preferred.
Compensation and Location
CLASP provides its employees with a highly competitive salary that is benchmarked annually with other similar non-profit organizations. This position is full-time and based in Jakarta, Indonesia. Working with colleagues across global time zones should be expected. Frequent travel throughout Southeast Asia and occasional travel to the US and other global destinations will be required.
CEA Recruiting is assisting CLASP in their recruitment efforts. To be considered for this position, interested candidates must click "Apply for this Job" to submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and three professional references through CEA’s job portal. Please include your reference information in your cover letter. Please direct all applications and inquiries to CEA Recruiting. These positions will remain open until filled. This position will remain open until filled.
CLASP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
CEA Recruiting works with leading environmental nonprofits, foundations, and businesses to recruit top talent and design effective organizational staffing strategies. For more information, visit www.cearecruiting.com.