The Pisces Foundation believes if we act now and boldly, we can quickly accelerate to a world where people and nature thrive together. We support innovators who know what it takes and are doing what’s necessary to have clean water, a safe climate, and kids with the environmental know-how to create a sustainable world. By mainstreaming powerful new solutions, we will spark immediate gains and lasting benefits for people and nature.
To learn more about Pisces' work and collaborations, visit: http://piscesfoundation.org/
Pisces Foundation is seeking a collaborative, solutions-oriented, self-starter to join their mission-driven team as an Operations Associate. The Operations Associate straddles human resource and accounting functions and will play a critical role in providing payroll, benefits, and finance support to the Foundation. This is an excellent opportunity to take the lead on payroll systems design and implementation in particular. The successful candidate will have a desire to maximize this role in creating efficiencies, developing strong working relationships with staff and vendors, and diplomatic communication style. The position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Operations Associate will perform the following and other duties as assigned:
- Payroll and Benefits Administration: Executes accurate and timely semi-monthly payroll including salary changes, new hires, and exits. Maintain employee accrued vacation, sick, and personal days. Answer employee inquiries about payroll, benefits. Review 403(b) (retirement) benefit reports to ensure accuracy. Prepare annual 403b and workers compensation census and work with vendors to ensure compliance with Federal regulations. Review invoices from insurance carriers for accuracy. Respond to salary and benefit surveys.
- Other HR: Support communications with staff and compensation benchmarking, track performance management process, draft new hire letters. Enhance and execute new hire and exit checklists. Maintain and enhance procedures for employee, benefits, policies, and payroll files.
- Budget Support, Analysis, and Financial Compliance: Support budget development, monitor budget, draft financial reports and presentations for executives and trustees. Support 990 tax filing and audit. Draft contracts facilitate contract approvals and payments. Work collaboratively with internal and external partners.
- Research, Analysis, and Synthesis: Conducts research as directed by Chief Operating Officer on compensation, benefits, policies, and practices to advance and stay apprised of trends and best practices.
- Foundation Support: Contribute to Foundation operations by working with colleagues on board meeting preparation, staff committees, organization development (contacts and mailing lists, teambuilding, recruiting/training). Execute special projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
- At least 3 years in a relevant professional role at a nonprofit or foundation; payroll experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required.
- Excellent organization skills, strict attention to detail, accuracy, follow-through and commitment to high-quality work. Comfort with strict confidentiality.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability and desire to help create a thought-leading, world-class philanthropy.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively in meetings, over email, and through formal work products and presentations.
- Ability to represent the Foundation and build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, family office, vendors with a professional, courteous, and tactful manner.
- Self-starter; highly motivated and resourceful team-player. Comfortable with ambiguity and the ability to work through solutions when there is no obvious path.
- Strong judgment. Demonstrated ability to think and work independently and effectively plan, prioritize, follow through, and track multiple work streams under deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility, emotional intelligence, positive attitude, enthusiasm, willingness to help others, and a sense of humor. Highly skilled in Microsoft Office Suite—Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook—and ease with databases.
- Interest, comfort, and strength working in a small, dynamic organization.
- Passion for the Pisces Foundation’s mission.
Compensation and Location
Pisces Foundation offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. This position will be located in San Francisco, CA.
CEA Recruiting is assisting Pisces Foundation in their recruitment efforts. To be considered for this position, interested candidates must click "Apply to this Job" to submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements through CEA’s job portal. Please direct all applications and inquiries to CEA Recruiting. These positions will remain open until filled.
Pisces Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
CEA Recruiting works with leading environmental nonprofits, foundations, and businesses to recruit top talent and design effective organizational staffing strategies. For more information, visit www.cearecruiting.com.
Related job openings
CLASP’s mission is to improve the energy and environmental performance of the appliances & equipment we use every day, accelerating our ... see more