The Schmidt Family Foundation
Established in 2006 by Wendy and Eric Schmidt, The Schmidt Family Foundation (TSFF) works to advance the wiser use of energy and natural resources and to support efforts worldwide that empower communities to build resilient systems for food, water, and human resources. Through community-, market- and technology-based approaches, TSFF promotes an intelligent relationship between human activity and the planet’s natural resources. TSFF pursues its mission through three, innovative and thoughtful strategies: 1) The 11th Hour Project; 2) the Mission Investment Program; and 3) Schmidt Marine Technology Partners(SMTP). The Schmidt Family Foundation is a private foundation with growing assets of over $500 million and an investment portfolio of ~$20M portfolio.
For more information on The Schmidt Family Foundation please visit: www.tsffoundation.org.
The Schmidt Family Foundation seeks a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented professional who will be a part of the Impact Investing team. Through its investments, the Impact Investing team works to achieve similar goals as the Foundation’s grantmaking programs in sustainable agriculture, energy, human rights, and marine conservation. This position will report to the Director of Impact Investments, and is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate. The successful candidate will be results-oriented, have a demonstrated ability to work individually and on a team, be flexible and adaptable as responsibilities change and as the program builds out its strategy and team. The ideal candidate must take initiative, be organized, and able to help create systems and processes for information management for the program.
- Ensure all information is current and accurate for all portfolio companies on a regular basis, which includes reviewing investee reports, and tracking compliance with financing milestones and legal investment requirements.
- Play a lead role in managing and improving an investment database to optimize efficiencies for the Impact Investing program. Take initiative to recommend improvements.
- Generate a variety of financial reporting and analyses for use by impact investing (II) team and others as requested.
- Responsible for maintaining investment timelines, documentation, and investment files to ensure timeliness and completeness for both new and existing loans and investments.
- Engage in conducting market research on sectors of interest.
- Assist with performing due diligence related tasks on potential investments, including industry analysis, competitive assessment, product-market fit, go-to-market validation, and financial modeling.
- Work with other team members as needed with logistics of meetings, events, and conference calls.
- Take on and/or initiate special projects to enhance the effective operations of the program.
- Respond to internal and external investment inquiries, and communicate professionally with investees, co-investors, and other program and impact investment partners.
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Economics or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in investments or a related field.
- Work experience related to financial administration.
- Aptitude for quantitative analysis, either generally or related to financial transactions; advanced Excel experience, a plus.
- Excellent analytical, research, organizational, and project management skills.
- Strong attention to detail, and commitment to consistently providing high-quality deliverables.
- Knowledge of due diligence practices and investment performance monitoring.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a strict adherence to deadlines.
- Excellent team collaboration, to work flexibly and interactively within the Impact Investing team.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to be a self-starter and occasionally work with minimal direction.
- A positive attitude and strong working relationships with Foundation staff, consultants, borrowers/investees, and constituencies in the impact investing field.
- Passion for and/or experience working on the focus issues of the foundation a plus.
Compensation and Location
The Schmidt Family Foundation offers a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package that also includes green and wellness benefits. The position will be based in Menlo Park, CA.
CEA Recruiting is assisting The Schmidt Family Foundation with this search. To be considered for this position, interested candidates must click "Apply to this Job" to submit an application. Please submit your resume and a cover letter that expresses both your passion for the mission and fit for the role, along with your salary requirements through CEA’s job portal. Please direct all applications and inquiries to CEA Recruiting. This position will remain open until filled.
Related job openings
About the Organization CLASP’s mission is to improve the energy and environmental performance of the appliances & equipment we use every ... see more
CLASP’s mission is to improve the energy and environmental performance of the appliances & equipment we use every day, accelerating our ... see more