About the Organization
CLASP’s mission is to improve the energy and environmental performance of the appliances & equipment we use every day, accelerating our transition to a more sustainable world.
We serve as the leading international voice and resource for appliance energy efficiency policies and market acceleration initiatives. From advancing the off-grid solar technologies, bringing power to energy-impoverished people, to cutting the catastrophic climate impacts of air conditioning, CLASP programs increase uptake of affordable, low-impact, high-quality appliances. Learn more about our programs.
Associate, Policy & Analysis
CLASP seeks highly motivated candidates to help us design and execute our global portfolio of product energy efficiency programs and projects. The Associate will join the Policy & Analysis team, which provides world-class technical and policy advisory services on product energy efficiency standards and labeling programs to government and other key stakeholders around the world. The Policy & Analysis group is currently implementing projects and programs in countries throughout Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the Caribbean. The Associate will support CLASP’s global cooling portfolio, whose objective is to accelerate the market for highly energy efficient, low global warming potential air conditioners and refrigerators in key markets in Africa, Asia, and Latin America through a combination of efficiency policy and market development programs. The Associate will also support implementation of CLASP Efficient Lighting Alliance (CELIA) aimed at developing nationally-appropriate and ambitious lighting efficiency policy worldwide.
All team members at CLASP work as part of a dynamic international team, and the Associate will serve on multi-disciplinary and multi-national project teams to contribute in the design, development, and implementation, as well as lead components of on- and- off-grid appliance energy efficiency programs at regional, national, and sub-national levels in countries all over the world. As an Associate based out of CLASP’s headquarters in Washington DC, you will contribute to the success of programmatic initiatives by performing analysis, planning and conducting qualitative and quantitative research, and crafting insights and recommendations. You will be responsible for producing the highest quality and highest impact work and actively creating, measuring, and reporting programmatic impacts for clients, donors, and stakeholders.
You will be expected to perform the following and other duties as assigned:
- Conduct technical and/or policy research on national and regional appliances markets and initiatives.
- Perform and/or review comprehensive market and technology assessments of efficient appliances.
- Develop quantitative and analytical tools for energy and economic analysis.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with NGOs, governments, and donors, where appropriate.
- Represent CLASP’s Policy & Analysis team at meetings, workshops, and events to further the implementation and sustainability of cooling program activities.
- Support effective planning, management, and timely implementation of program activities in collaboration with key partners and stakeholders.
- Coordinate! Collaborate! Repeat! Work with CLASP colleagues, partners, stakeholders, sub-contractors, and grantees around the world to develop and implement programs, projects, and research efforts. Track and monitor programmatic activities and outcomes, intervening wherever necessary to ensure the highest quality and highest impact work.
The Ideal Candidate
- At least two years of experience in energy efficiency, energy or environmental policy, international development, or a relevant field.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and orientation, proactive, nimble, and strategic approach to learning and problem-solving.
- Persuasive communication skills, excellent writing skills a must.
- Self-starter who can operate autonomously and manage up.
- Outstanding collaborator and team player with well-honed listening and interpersonal skills.
- Time management and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to work from the macro to the micro level and adapt to evolving priorities.
- Ability to maintain composure, flexibility, and a sense of humor under tight deadlines.
- Experience in developing and emerging economies preferred; bilingual or multi-lingual a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills.
- Bachelor's degree required. Graduate degree in a relevant field (e.g., engineering, international relations, development, economics, environmental science) preferred.
Compensation and Location
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition to salary, CLASP offers competitive benefits, including health insurance, unlimited leave, holidays, retirement plan, and a collegial office environment that supports wellness and flexible telecommuting options after a certain period of employment.
This position is full-time and based in the organization’s Washington, D.C. office. This position will require some international travel.
CEA Recruiting is assisting CLASP in their recruitment efforts. To be considered for this position, interested candidates must click "Apply to this Job" to submit a resume and cover letter as well as your salary requirements through CEA’s job portal. Please direct all applications and inquiries to CEA Recruiting. These positions will remain open until filled.
CLASP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
CEA Recruiting works with leading environmental nonprofits, foundations, and businesses to recruit top talent and design effective organizational staffing strategies. For more information, visit www.cearecruiting.com.
Related job openings
About the Organization CLASP’s mission is to improve the energy and environmental performance of the appliances & equipment we use every ... see more
CLASP’s mission is to improve the energy and environmental performance of the appliances & equipment we use every day, accelerating our ... see more