California Environmental Associates
About the Organization
California Environmental Associates (CEA) is a boutique environmental consultancy based in San Francisco, CA. Since 1984, CEA has helped transform business practices, public policies, nonprofit organizations, and philanthropic strategies to improve environmental outcomes. Our work is guided by a deep knowledge of the scientific, regulatory, political, social, and economic underpinnings of our most pressing environmental problems. CEA provides consulting services in three main practice areas: Philanthropic Services, Recruiting and Organizational Design Services, and Regulatory and Compliance Strategy. For more information about CEA and these practice areas, please visit: www.ceaconsulting.com.
Research Associate – Recruiting and Philanthropic Services
CEA is seeking a dynamic and motivated professional to play a key role, sharing time between the firm’s Recruiting & Organizational Design Services and Philanthropic Services practice areas. Working within a fast-paced and team-oriented environment, the Research Associate will have the opportunity to assist with all stages of recruiting and organizational design projects for prestigious environmental organizations, foundations, and mission-driven for-profit firms. In addition, the Research Associate will provide analytical and project support for a range of research, strategy development, and evaluation projects for the Philanthropic Services practice area.
This position requires intellectual rigor, independence, demonstrated attention to detail, and a passion for environmental issues. Excellent communication and relationship management skills are required. This is an exciting opportunity to interact with leaders in the environmental sector, both nationally and internationally, learn about emerging environmental issues and organizational structures, and be an integral part of identifying and placing top talent for clients.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Associate will perform the following and other duties as assigned:
- Provide direct assistance to team members with research, scheduling, coordination, and document preparation; produce summary memos, reports, articles, and presentations. Research can include literature reviews, expert interviews, and data analysis.
- Assist with production and quality control of outgoing work products and correspondence: proofread documents for spelling, grammar, and layout, making appropriate changes; draft letters, emails, interview materials, and other written work products as necessary.
- Monitor applications, review resumes, and respond to emails and phone inquiries.
- Conduct both quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Participate in problem structuring, including work planning, issues analysis, process planning, etc.
- Synthesize research to produce clear and engaging presentations and reports.
- Support project teams and clients with logistics, scheduling, setting up conference calls, coordinating travel arrangements, etc.
- Support communications, marketing, and business development efforts, helping in the production of summary memos, proposals, and presentations; participate in networking and outreach efforts as needed.
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in a role with comparable responsibilities; experience in client services, a consulting firm, or a similar field requiring a service-oriented demeanor and relationship management skills preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and professional communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to effectively communicate with senior management
- An understanding of and passion for environmental issues
- Eager, outgoing, professional, and poised demeanor, combined with a flexible, solutions-oriented, entrepreneurial attitude
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage responsibilities on multiple projects, meet deadlines, and problem solve
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Superb attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong research skills
- Ability to keep calm under pressure, handle sensitive matters with discretion, and interact with a diverse array of people with diplomacy and enthusiasm
- Experience with website development, Google Analytics, graphic design, and/or social media in a professional context
- Exposure to international clients and industry desired
- Foreign language skills desired
- A deep commitment to the conservation-related mission of CEA
Compensation and Benefits
CEA offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. The position will be located in San Francisco, California.
To be considered for this position, interested candidates must follow the link below to submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements:
Inquiries received via phone call or direct email will not be eligible for review.
CEA is an equal opportunity employer.
Related job openings
ClimateWorks Foundation is a groundbreaking nonprofit organization working in partnership with a global network of philanthropic donors and investors ... see more