Graphic Design RFP (closed)
CLASP - Collaborative Labeling and Appliance Standards Program
This job opening is no longer accepting applications.
Request for Proposals: Graphic Design Services
Posting Date: June 27, 2018
Proposal Submission Deadline: July 31, 2018 at 5:00 PM Eastern
Duration: Ongoing, Ad-Hoc Basis
Application Instructions: See below for details
CLASP is seeking the services of a graphic designer, or graphic design firm, to produce and package a variety of materials on a regular, ad-hoc basis. The graphic designer must be based in Washington, DC. The graphic designer will play a key role in helping us to package our cutting-edge market development projects and research efforts on energy efficiency. CLASP is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that was established in 1999.
CLASP serves as the leading international voice and resource for appliance energy efficiency policies and market acceleration initiatives. CLASP’s mission is to improve the energy and environmental performance of the appliances & equipment we use every day, accelerating our transition to a more sustainable world. From advancing the off-grid solar technologies, bringing power to energy-impoverished people, to cutting the catastrophic climate impacts of air conditioning, CLASP programs increase uptake of affordable, low-impact, high-quality appliances. Visit our website to learn more about our programs.
Scope of Services
- Develop professional, high quality design and layout of written publications, including, but not limited to, research reports, website stories, blogs, case studies, newsletters, proposals, and donor reports.
- Provide graphic design guidance to increase the quality and effectiveness of communications efforts on social media, the organization’s website, media publications, and other platforms.
- Convey market, technical, and policy research through visual storytelling to a variety of international audiences both inside and outside the organization, including CLASP Board, donors, international agencies, policymakers, and partner organizations.
- Ensure a consistent brand identity in the design of CLASP’s materials, utilizing existing branding materials and visual elements (e.g., icons, colors, photographs, graphics).
- Participate in phone or in-person meetings, as needed.
- Assign all present and future rights of materials produced to CLASP.
- Report to Chief Communications Officer.
The Ideal Graphic Designer or Graphic Design Firm
- Based in Washington, DC.
- Extremely well-organized.
- Proactive, consistent, and timely in communicating with our team and must work with a sense of urgency to deliver products in line with agreed upon deadlines.
- Demonstrated graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite and adapt to/from Microsoft Office Suite, as needed (e.g., graphs in excel, PowerPoint).
- Must have access to own equipment.
- Ability to interact, communicate, and present ideas.
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work.
- Excellent habits surrounding digital asset management
- Ability to take creative direction and work independently.
- Comfort with technical material and experience designing for an energy, clean energy access, international development, policy, relevant industry association, or technology sector preferred.
Submissions will be reviewed and scored using criteria that include the following considerations:
- Quality of proposal;
- Prior experience and performance;
- Evidence of clear understanding of organizational branding, activities, and goals;
- Compliance with the submission requirements of this RFP; and
- Strength of references.
Proposal Requirements and How to Submit
- Summary of your/your company’s background, resources, and relevant experience.
- Portfolio link.
- Minimum of three (3) references from past projects.
- Cost estimate: hourly rate or per item rate for design services and, if applicable, cost to retain services.
- Send all materials via email to email@example.com by July 31, 2018, 5:00 PM Eastern.
Visit CLASP.NGO for further review of our overall branding.
Related job openings
California Environmental Associates (CEA) is a boutique environmental consultancy based in San Francisco, CA. Since 1984, CEA has helped transform ... see more
UPDATE - This position has been recategorized as a full time/contractual role in CEA's Recruiting and Organizational Design Services ... see more