Klamath River Renewal Corporation
The Klamath River Renewal Corporation (KRRC) is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) corporation created via a unique partnership between state, federal, and local governments, tribal nations, and non-governmental organizations. The KRRC was established as a result of the 2016 amended Klamath Hydroelectric Settlement Agreement (KHSA). It is charged with the removal of four hydroelectric dams in Oregon and California and restoring a large portion of the Klamath River after over 100 years of hydroelectric production. When fully implemented, the project will be one of the largest river renewal projects in U.S. history, restoring fish passage to over 300 miles of historic salmon habitat and providing economic stimulus to both the Klamath River and the ocean fishing communities.
KRRC will oversee the river renewal process as well as risk management for the project. It will achieve its mission by accepting ownership of the four dams from the current owner, PacifiCorp, surrendering the hydroelectric license for the dams through a public process before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) and then contracting with a construction firm to remove the dams. The KRRC and its work are funded by $200 million in trust accounts from PacifiCorp’s ratepayers, as authorized by the California and Oregon Public Utility Commissions, and by up to $250 million of California bond funds approved by voters in 2014 and appropriated by the Legislature in 2016.
Overseen by a 15-member Board of Directors and its five-person Executive Committee, the KRRC has initiated the processes that will lead to the decommissioning and removal of the dams. Major construction activities are anticipated to start in 2020. PacifiCorp will continue to operate the dams until they are decommissioned. For more information, please visit: www.klamathrenewal.org.
KRRC seeks a responsible and energetic person to provide administrative support to the Executive Director and assist with the day-to-day operations of the Corporation. The Executive Assistant will be responsible for managing the Executive Director’s schedule and travel arrangements, ensuring the Executive Director is prepared for all meetings, managing and anticipating upcoming priorities for the Executive Director, logistical planning for and implementation of Board and stakeholder meetings, and managing the office space. The successful candidate will have excellent organizational skills, be able to take direction, and to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision. As the second employee of the KRRC, s/he will work in a fast-paced environment requiring detail-oriented work, independence, and professionalism. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual looking for exposure to high-impact environmental work.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Executive Assistant will perform the following and other duties as assigned:
- Perform all administrative duties to support the Executive Director, enabling him to be highly effective in executing his role.
- Manage the Executive Director’s calendar (schedule calls, plan meetings, etc.), business meetings, and travel arrangements; ensure that his schedule is effectively constructed to support his expressed priorities.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to keep him well-informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities.
- Prepare the Executive Director for meetings by providing preparatory information; take highly detailed notes at meetings and provide follow up support.
- Assist with production and ensure quality control of outgoing work products.
- Schedule Board committee and partner calls and meetings.
- Coordinate and manage logistics for Board meetings and other events, including arranging travel, lodging, and catering, acting as the point of contact for logistics and accommodations questions, and attending Board meetings as logistics lead.
- Assemble Board packets and other meeting materials, including reviewing and compiling materials and supporting printing and distribution.
- Track and review KRRC-related or other relevant news articles, regulatory proceedings, blog posts, and social media for distribution.
- Research, prioritize, and manage responses to incoming correspondence (calls, emails, etc.) and requests; greet visitors.
- Conduct discrete program-oriented research or coordination tasks, as requested.
- Keep and maintain inventory of office supplies and equipment.
- Other administrative duties and special projects as needed.
Desired Experience and Qualifications
The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 3-5 years of experience working as an Executive Assistant or in an office support role.
- Proven ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision; ability to work under pressure, prioritize, and multi-task.
- Ability to represent the KRRC professionally, maintain confidentiality, and handle sensitive matters with discretion and diplomacy.
- Ability to actively think ahead, anticipate upcoming needs, and propose solutions; strong judgement.
- Excellent personal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Very strong writing skills.
- Previous experience maintaining calendars and coordinating meetings/events.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Interest, comfort, and strength working in a small, dynamic environment.
- Experience working with Boards of Directors.
- Experience with or exposure to energy and/or infrastructure projects preferred.
- Knowledge of the Klamath River and Klamath Basin a plus.
Compensation and Location
This position will be active for the life of the Corporation. KRRC offers an excellent compensation package commensurate with experience and the duties of the successful candidate.
The position will be based in Berkeley, CA with possible telecommuting flexibility, if desired, to be discussed. Periodic day travel and over-night travel in California and potentially Oregon will be required, particularly to attend Board meetings. Other travel may be required.
CEA Recruiting is assisting KRRC with this search. To be considered for this position, interested candidates must click "Apply to this Job" to submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements through CEA’s job portal. Please direct all applications and inquiries to CEA Recruiting.
KRRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.